Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Day off.

I’ve recently changed my work schedule to where I’m working four 10 hour days instead of five 8 hour days in order to accommodate for some study time.  I know that I’m ekobayashixtremely fortunate to be able to do this with my schedule and try hard to utilize the time appropriately, but it’s SO hard not to sit here and read blogs for hours about what I really want to be doing…sewing or knitting.  In fact, at this very moment I have my school book open on my desk yet I find myself blogging and daydreaming of the Kobayashi fabrics my very sneaky husband bought me for Christmas.  He saw me drooling over a post on The Purl Bee before Christmas and then ordered the exact same fabrics from that blog post.  The fabrics are Kobayashi Chrysanthemums and Flower Squares and I have 5 half yards of it calling to me today. kobayashi1 My sister-in-law went in on the gift and added the coordinating solids to make a nice set.  I’ve been kicking around ideas for what to do with the fabrics for awhile now and have narrowed it down to a quilt in a style similar to this Caroline Quilt, also from The Purl Bee or maybe Oh, Fransson’s pattern for the Mixtape quilt.  However, I am open to suggestion. 

Also on the agenda for today is a little fancy cooking. I’m a huge fan of Thai food and I have the greatest little Thai cookbook that I cook from once a week. So far I’ve enjoyed every recipe I’ve tried of which my favoritthaicookbookes have been Green Curry Chicken with Zucchini (ooh, spicy!!) and Five Spice Stew with Hard Boiled Eggs and Pork.  Today I’m going to be trying Panaeng Beef in Red Curry Peanut sauce.   I say anything with peanut butter as an ingredient has got to be good. 

Speaking of food…Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. This year my husband and I are going to repeat what we did last year and cook a nice meal together. Last year we made Italian food and some home made bruschetta.  This year I am pretty sure I’d like to try a chocolate soufflé for dessert but I’m still up in the air on the meal.  What will you be doing for Valentine’s Day this year? 

I must get back to studying now.  If I can get my schoolwork finished by 11:00 12:00 1:00 then maybe I can get to doing something a little more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment